mercredi 13 octobre 2010

Fashion Week vs Roc d'Azur

Since I'm back from the USA, I had almost no rest. Lucky me, I've had a lot of work for Getty Images and then for Vélo Vert Magazine. It's crazy how a photographer can work with so many different people...


 The Fashion Week is really special, something like unatural where people just think about their image and how they will be seen by the others. All is about aesthetic, but sometimes it smells like all is fake.

Anyway, I like to photograph the fashion show runway, it's a garanty to get some really beautiful pictures, but you have to be in the good rythm, you have to "walk" with the model and trust me, it's not an easy task keeping it during 10 or 15 minutes.

Oh, there is one thing I really don't like, to be like a little piece and the big puzzle of photographers. How do we do to all stand in a such small space with all our cameras, big lenses, monopods, tripods, escabots? The big deal is to find a good place to shoot the runway. If you come 5 minutes before the start of the show, be sure you will be a looser!

Ok, to shoot the runway is good to get some good pics and if the designer is well-known, you can easily be published. But I prefer the backstage. I prefer to be like a mouse that nobody can't see. To be with the models, the make-up artists, the hairdressers, the stylists, also give you another approach of the fashion world. You can feel all the stress before the show, or sometimes, the boredom of the models. To be backstage is like you become a part of the show.




Unfortunatly, I didn't shoot during all the Fashion Week as I had to go in the south of France for one of the biggest Mountain Bike event in Europe. But to be in Frejus for the Roc d'Azur is always a good experience. Also, I was really happy to see a lot of people and friends I didn't see for a long time. The Mountain Bike world is like a little family, and it's a good feeling to be a part of it.

This 2010 Roc d'Azur was a really good event with a lot of bike companies, nice riders, nice weather (except on sunday), a lot of people and parties, and of course a lot of races with more than 10 000 riders! 









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire