mercredi 1 septembre 2010

Bye bye NYC, hello Windham!

After something like four raining/cloudy days in New York City, it was time to leave this amazing place. But before, I absolutely wanted to see New York from the Rockefeller Center, even if the weather was so bad. The view from the "Top of the Rock" is just incredible!

As the Mountain Bike World Cup was in Windham this week-end, I had to go there. Windham is at 2h30 North from NYC by car and I knew that Julien and Phil, who work for Vélo Vert Magazine, will arrive this wednesday night at JFK Airport. We met at the rent car center at 9h30pm and drove along during two hours under the rain...
We finally stopped at a Motel to sleep a little bit before our first big day in Windham. We all expected after a sunny week-end. And yes! The sun was here early in the morning. Perfect!
I'm officially in vacation but as I like the race week-ends, I was'nt here to just see the other guys (photographers/journalists) working hard without me. Two minutes only and I had my accrediation. Easy as never! I was also happy to see the riders and to see my friend Kevin who is the Cédric Gracia's mechanic. A World Cup is always intense for everybody and, above all, when it's the big final after a long race season and just before the World Championships. Three days before the race, you can already feel the stress and how the riders are focused on their race. A big event like this one is also the opportunity to meet some nice guys, photographers, riders, mechanics, volunteers, fans... and is always a good experience.
Here are few images from these great four days in Windham.
Special thanks to Julien, Phil, Kevin and CG.
Kevin did a good job repairing the CG's bike during the week-end
Steve Peat was really impressive on his bike. Unfortunatly he fell down in the last part of the track. He was first...
Tracey Mosley. A lot of concentration before her race.
A bad week-end for the WC leader Sabrina Jonnier.
Girls' big fight during the 4X race!
Peatyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

 Cédric Gracia riding the "big roc"!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire