mardi 14 septembre 2010

James Selby

Friday night, the 3rd of September, my first day in Santa Rosa after few days in San Anselmo in the Marin County. I arrived by night and there was this party, "Summer Nights", downtown, just below my friend's house. Wine testing, mexican food, music bands, and a lot of people in only one street. I came back with my camera to take some pictures while I was eating a huge burrito listening to a nice country music band. Oh yeah!


I was about to go back when I saw this guy showing some crazy characters and objects all made with metal engine parts. These "things" were curious, but funny and full of creativity. After a couple of minutes, I was like a child speaking with this massive guy, James, about his designs. I took some pictures and showed him the result on the screen of my 7D. He was impressed by the quality and ask me if I could send him some of the photos. Of course I was happy to offer him these pictures, but I think he was more happy than me and decided to offer me one of his "scrap metal design". I was embarassed, he insisted, and I've finally accepted this nice gift. American people are sometimes really surprising, in the positive way I mean!

It was time to go back home. But I couldn't leave James without asking him if I could come to see him working on his designs during a day work. Few days after, I was in his workshop with my camera to immortalize a creative moment with James Selby designing one of his funny creature after his automotive machinist day work.

Here is a selection of the photos I took this day with James Selby in Santa Rosa. But now, I want more, and I hope I could record an interview and make a short movie on this fascinating guy. Thank you James for your time and your sympathy!
James Selby website : http://www.selbydesign.com/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire