mardi 20 novembre 2012

Fred Wesley & the New J.B.'s live!

Last Friday night, I said "no" to the parties I was invited by my friends and said "yes" to take my car  alone and drive 40 minutes to see a true legend onstage. I couldn't miss this opportunity to see such a legend of Funk close to my house as I already missed him earlier this year in Paris. But I have to tell you that I also have a special story with Fred Wesley. This kind of story you will always remember... I can only tell you that few months ago I was shooting him in a music studio in Paris for the new album of an artist and I don't have the right to say who is he neither to show you these images for the moment...

Anyway, I paid only 5€ to see one of the most important man related to the James Brown's career. Crazy, right?! No accreditation this time, I was shooting with fans around me, just for fun. Of course I brought my Canon 5D MkIII and my brand new macro lens 100mm f/2.8 L IS to test for the first time this combo in a concert situation. Nothing else to say that it's the best combo I have ever had to shoot portraits, macro, products and concerts. The lens is sharp as hell and the camera is awesome when you go in high ISO. Here is a bunch of photos I did, and here is the link to watch a quick video I shot with the 5D and the 100mm during this concert.

Cheers!

Canon 5D MkIII - 1/200s - f/2.8 - ISO 2000 - Canon 100mm f/2.8 L Macro IS
Canon 5D MkIII - 1/250s - f/2.8 - ISO 2500 - Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire